I know I haven't posted anything in a few weeks, but nothing to exciting has been happening. Mike is currently at Fort Rucker retraining in Air Traffic Control. He said the first few times was somewhat stressful because it has been so long since he has actually done this. But, after a few days he felt like it was all coming back to him. He is officially done with ATC training and is now awaiting the Army to send him somewhere else for some more training! I guess it will never end! Eventually he will end up somewhere across the world and who knows where that is going to be!We are very grateful for telephones. They are such a blessing in our lives! With our cell phones we have been able to communicate with Mike on a daily bases. This is great and a huge live saver, especially with the kids. Whenever they are missing Dad, we just call him and they are instantly cheered up! I love technology!
I told Mike I needed him to send us a full body picture of himself in uniform. My friend Alicia told me about this cute idea called "Flat Daddy." For those of you who have enjoyed having a "Flat Stanley" in your home, you are all ready understanding where I am going with this. What you do is take a picture of your soldier, transfer the picture onto fabric and make a doll or pillow or blanket...whatever works the best for the child! So, we are going to make "Flat Daddy" pillows and blankets for the kids. This way when they are sad and need a hug from Daddy they will have their "Flat Daddy" and all will be well! Kinda cute huh?I will post a picture of the kids with their "Flat Daddy" later. Alicia is actually coming to stay with us for a few weeks. Since Alicia's husband is deployed, we are going to make these little guys together while she is here!
Mike, I know you look on here often and I want you to know how much I love you and miss you! You are so strong to be able to leave your family, work, and comforts of home to serve our country. I am truly honored to be your wife. Thank you for all you do for me and for our children. You are my hero!

You look great son! We also are very proud to be your parents and know you are sacrificing much to serve our country. I get teary just looking at your picture! Know we love you so very much and we pray for you and your family every night.
ReplyDelete