Well, well, well. I just talked to Mike and let me tell you....he is so "HAPPY" he is now on a NINE hour bus ride to another base for more training. He was not at all pleased to find out they were being bused instead of flying. He is however excited to get on with the necessary training because that means he is one step closer to coming home! This week he had to re qualify with the M16 and he received the "Expert" qualification. Mike should actually be telling you more about that because I truly have no idea what I am talking about! I just know they are big guns and they get to shoot them...sounds kinda fun!
The kids are doing better this week. Charlee is still struggling with her Daddy not being home. I had to have a little talk with her and reassure her that Daddy will be coming home and whenever she is sad or missing him she HAS to tell me. So, when ever she is sad we call Daddy's cell phone and talk to him. By the time the conversation is through she is giggling and smiling again. Charlee also as to tell Mike goodnight every night. The famous conversation goes a little something like this.....
Charlee - "Hey Dad, what did you have for dinner tonight."
Mike - "Well honey, I had......(and tells her whatever he ate)"
Charlee- "Lucky! Mom just made us eat.....(whatever we had for dinner.)"
Without fail, Charlee asks him that question every night. Not sure why, but she must be concerned about the food they are feeding her Dad!
Before Mike left, he taught Cooper how to play an online game with him. It only took a few days and Cooper was ADDICTED to playing this game. So as the mother, I allow him to play only ONE hour a day. He has chose to wake up early every morning and play because that is generally when Mike is on the computer playing too. I am happy that these two boys have found something to keep them connected while Daddy is away.
Griffin just has no idea what is going on. He is however the stinkin' cutest baby ever. My good friend Alicia sent Griffin a little present so he could dress a little more like his Daddy.
I Love My Daddy!

It is so good of you Julie to let us know what is going on in your family! We love the picture of Griffin - he has changed so much since August. Give him a big love from Grandma & Grandpa McRae. And Mike if you see this, we are so very proud of you and what you are doing. Always keep your eyes and ears open to what is going on around you. We love you very much son. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDelete