Sunday, April 26, 2009

He's Outta Here!

It happened! Mike has officially left the country and his deployment has begun! Yay! Our 400 day countdown has started. Due to security reasons Mike is not allowed to tell us when and where he is going. I want everyone to know he is over seas and is safe! We talk to him every day or every other day. He is keeping a positive attitude and has promised that he is taking lots of pictures. Once he gets settled and has Internet access he will send them and we can post some fun and interesting photos!

He let me know it is the HOTTEST place on earth. I know you hear people saying how hot it is but I guess you never truly understand how hot....he says it is hotter than hell! So, it's gotta be hot! I can imagine where he is, is very similar to hell!

I talked to Mike this morning and he was able to meet up with Rick. I am so happy they were able to see each other and enjoy some time together. They had dinner and sat around and talked for several hours. From what I understand they are having dinner again tonight before they each head out for their separate assignments. I pray the Lord will keep watch over these two brothers and keep them safe.

We have decided to make this blog private. We want to keep all those who are interested in Mike's deployment informed and up to date on what is going on. But, for the safety of Mike and respect for our country we are making this private. If you would like to be invited, please leave a comment and I will add you to the invite list!

Thank you to all of you for your prayers and support! We love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Put us at the top of your list! I check almost every day to see what is going on. Give a love to Cooper, Charlee and Griffin for us. Take care Julie - we send you our love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you are so amazing. I would opt to curl up in a ball and cry for 400 days. I would really like an invite. Please know that you have all of my prayers. Mike and Rick, be safe and come home soon. Surely there are wrestling matches, trees to fall out of, and baked ham on hard rolls to enjoy as cousins. My heart, which has a little idea of what this is like, is with you.

    ReplyDelete