Friday, June 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Well it's not much, but it's home... Our living quarters are not too bad considering some of the stories i've heard. The rooms are 7' x 7' x about 20'. I'm lucky enough to have my own room as most of the soldiers here share two to a room. Makes for pretty tight quarters! Below you'll see how I have mine set up. Everyone seems to arrange theirs a different way trying to, "make it their own," but really it's still just a a big metal box! Notice the most important piece of equipment in this room is located on the far wall to the right.... the AC unit! I blacked out my windows with black duct tape so I can keep it dark in my room while i'm trying to sleep in the middle of the day.


The below picture is our company living area. They stack em' in pretty tight! My room is the first door you see on the left.


The next pictures are fairly self explanatory... our bathrooms. They are the same containers as our rooms, except they line one side with either showers/toilets. You'll notice the common theme of "lets fit as much stuff in the smallest amount of space possible" here. Not too shabby though, at least they have one container for showers and the other for toilets. We're pretty spoiled when it comes to these as there is a crew that is contracted out to clean these bad boys TWICE a day for us!
Notice the signs on the doors that make it impossible for us to, "not know" that the water is non-potable? I'm not sure what exactly they do to the water to make it safe to shower in, but I reek of chlorine after I get out, so I have a pretty good idea!


2 comments:

  1. Well I see you're living it up! Try not to get to comfortable! Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes Dad gets all misty wishing he were there with you. He says his sons get to have all the fun!! It's really good to hear from you and see what your life is like in Iraq. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete