Monday, May 25, 2009

Not Much To Report...

I know I haven't posted anything in a few weeks, but honestly there is not much to say. I guess the old saying "No news is good news" is true in this case. We are lucky and blessed to be able to talk to Mike everyday. Sometimes our calls are not very long and get cut short, but at least we are able to hear each others voices and tell one another "I love you." I think those 3 words are the most important words we can tell each other. I want Mike to know I truly do love him. I know he wants the kids and me to know that he loves us, so really I think we probably say it several times before we hang up.

I was teasing Mike the other night asking what fun events were happening over there. He firmly told me that things weren't "fun" and it was the same thing day in and day out....very monotonous. Yay! So, his routine is a little something like this:

Wake Up

Shower

Get Dressed

Go To Work For 10 Hours (or maybe just 8, I am not sure)

Eat

Go To The Gym For 1-2 Hours

Shower

Go To Bed

Wake Up

Shower.....

You get the idea...right? So, needless to say his days are rather uneventful. I think he said he hasn't had a "day off" in over a week. Okay, seriously I would be nuts...but then I haven't had a "day off" in ... let's see....3 months. I know boo whoo whoo. I do however think that Mike has it worse than I do, so I do sympathize with him and would never have to want to trade him places. I would much rather be here than there.

Mike is keeping a positive attitude and trying to keep himself busy in what little free time he does have. He has made some friends and has fit in just fine with his new unit, which come on, we all knew wouldn't be a problem. Mike is a very likable person and gets along with just about anyone!

So my dear lovey pooh....(he ates when I talk smoochey poochey to him) I love you and I miss you. I pray for your safety and quick return. Cooper, Charlee and Griffin miss you too! I am showing Griffin pictures of you so that he knows who his Daddy is....and yes, I promise I am not just saying it, I really am! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment